Home appraisals provide a trained professional's assessment on the fair market value of your home or property, ensuring the home value supports the purchase price.
Appraisers typically consider:
- Properties that are comparable in size and location that have sold recently
- General condition and age of the home
- Location of the home, including views or noteworthy features
- Size and features (number of on-site appraisals are required for home purchases, while appraisers may either visit the home or use an automated computer valuation)
- Major structural improvements such as additions and remodeled rooms
- Features and amenities such as swimming pools and wood flooring
Our agency has a long-standing relationship with Metro-West Appraisal Co., the largest independent appraisal firm in the nation. Founded in 1987, Metro-West performs all appraisals in accordance with the requirements of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) that were adopted by the Appraisal Standards Board (ASB) of The Appraisal Foundation. To receive an appraiser certified evaluation of your home or property, simply complete the form below.